Hello Friends and Neighbors,
North Brooklyn Neighbors is looking for an Executive Director to direct and manage the day to day activities of our grassroots organization and initiate new programming and organizational life. The Executive Director will be supported by an activist Board of Directors and over 25 years of community work, including strong partnerships with mission-aligned local CBOs.
The Executive Director will report directly to the Board of Directors and its Executive Committee, and will work in partnership with volunteers, board members and paid organizers. The ideal candidate is creative, proactive, detail-oriented and an excellent communicator, with strong management experience in community organizing and grassroots activism. Please visit northbrooklyneighbors.org for more information on our current programs and work.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Nonprofit senior management experience, minimum 5 years
- Experience with environmental activism and organizing grassroots campaigns
- College education with planning and environmental studies concentrations preferred
- Excellent communication skills including grant writing,
- Availability for occasional weekend or week night events
For more information, see our full listing below. If you’re interested in applying, send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.